Members of the Committee
The first Steering Committee consists of six persons, namely:
- Doc. Dr. Saša Drezgić, Croatia
- Dr. Diana-Camelia Iancu, Romania
- Doc. Dr. Uroš Pinterič, Slovenia
- Dr. Katarzyna Radzik-Maruszak, Poland
- Dr. Jan Stejskal, Czech Republic
- Dr. Kateryna Tovt-Brenzovych, Ukraine
Term of office of the members of the Committee lasts three years. The first Committee started its term of office on 1 January 2011.
The organizer and other partner universities/faculties prepare a proposal including 12 nominations for the status of member in the Steering Committee, three months at latest before the end of current Committee’s term of office. Consequently, within a period of two months, the Director of the Summer School chooses six of these candidates and appoints the members of the Committee.
The organizer has the right to withdraw the member/s of the Committee. Such decision may be taken at the explicit proposal of the partner university/faculty which is represented by the relevant member/s or with the agreement of such partner university/faculty.
Neither organizer nor partner university/faculty can be represented in the Committee by more than two members.
Membership in the Committee is honorary and no fee is paid to the members of the Committee for their activities in the Committee.
Chairman of the Committee
The Chairman of the Committee is elected by members of the Committee during its first session.
The first session of the new Committee is summoned and prepared by the Chairman of the previous Committee. The Chairman of the previous Committee summons the first session of the new Committee three months after the appointments of its members at latest.
Duration of term of office of the Chairman is the same as duration of the term of office of the relevant Committee.
The Chairman of the Committee occupies the chair of the Committee. He/she especially organizes the sessions of the Committee, and prepares also all documents/materials that are necessary in terms of proper decision making of the Committee. The Chairman distributes all necessary documents/materials to every member of the Committee in sufficient time.
The Chairman must be informed whether the absentees (i.e. the members of the Committee who cannot take part in the session) want to take a vote on some decision. If yes and if possible, he/she must facilitate the absentees' votes, and he/she guarantees that these votes are taking into consideration within decision making of the Committee.
Tasks of the Committee
The Steering Committee is responsible for accomplishment of several tasks, especially:
- The Committee has the right to ask both organizer and the Director of the Summer School for demonstration of readiness for organization of the summer school. The Committee has the right to ask the organizer for all accountancy books related to the summer school and to ask the organizer for necessary explanations.
- The Committee assesses the submitted application forms, and decides upon the participation to the summer school of the appropriate candidates.
- The Committee elaborates evaluation questionnaires that will be distributed among the participants in order to assess the summer school in terms of its organizational and educational outcomes.
- The Committee approves proposal for summer school programme that is prepared and presented by the Director of the Summer School two months before the beginning of the event at latest. Before approval, the Committee discusses details of the summer school programme in order to make sure that it is a high quality programme. This discussion can be organized through email or video-chat too.
- The Committee holds its compulsory sessions on the first day of the summer school and on the last day of the summer school in order to discuss the continuation of the project and preparation of the next year of the event. The session that is held on the last day of the summer school includes also complex evaluation of the relevant summer school. The complex evaluation should lead to elaboration of recommendations for the organizer who will organize the next year of the event. Other issues can be discussed during these sessions too.
- The Committee decides on the proposal of the Director of the Summer School that defines the amount of participation fee. The Committee decides also on appeals against request for participation fee within five working days.
- The Committee makes final decision on punishment when deciding within the disciplinary proceedings.
- The Committee authorizes final reports of the summer schools. The final reports are published at the official project web-page, and they are used as enclosures of the grant statements too.
- The Committee elects own Chairman during its first session.
- The Committee decides on amount of remuneration for the Director of the Summer School.
Sessions of the Committee
Besides the Committee's compulsory sessions, the Committee is in charge of making decision/s in all relevant cases, especially:
- when the terms and conditions of the participation in summer school have been broken by some participant/s
- when some participant has proposed complaints against organizational or educational matters
- when the Director of the Summer School requires its decision or when two of its regular members at least require its decision.
Member of the Committee chosen by the Chairman of the Committee prepares minutes from the session of the Committee. The Chairman guarantees that the minutes are prepared for every session of the Committee, and consequently he/she archives the minutes.
The Director of the Summer School has the right to take part in a session of the Committee, and the right to give his/her opinion on the relevant matters. His/her opinion should be taken into consideration by the member of the Committee.
Decision making procedure
The Committee has a quorum of four persons at least. Decision of the Committee is valid when the majority of the present Committee's members have voted for it. If the number of supporters of some decision is equal to the number of their opponents, the Chairman's vote decides.